Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ideas for Decorating a Teenage Girl's Bedroom?




Natalie


Ever since I was young, the life of Marie Antoinette has always intrigued me. After the film Marie Antoinette directed by Sofia Copolla, it became one of my favorite films. I know it's not exactly historically accurate, but the movie is just visually stunning- from the costumes, to the interiors of Versailles, everything was like candy for the eyes. Especially the floral prints, flowers, ribbons, jewels, and pastries.

After seeing this ad for the perfume Miss Dior Cherie, I knew it looked familiar, and I also knew that I really liked the style of it. Here it is:

http://www.la-story.com/upload/2009/03/new_miss_dior_cherie_leau_fragrance_commercial_dir/missdior2balloons.jpg

After the commercial for said perfume was released, I found out that Sofia Copolla directed it. It demonstrates Copolla's love for bright pastels like hot pink, and softer shades like baby blues, mint greens, and light yellows. Pastries and flowers are also present, and so are pretty pastel balloons. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zWvtx0nijE&feature=related

Anyways, I would really like to decorate my room with bright pastels, and pretty furniture, but I'd like to know some places where I could find Marie Antoinette-esque fabrics (large florals that DON'T look grandma-ish), accesories, and some ideas for what should go into my bedroom. So far I've got this:

-Brass headboard
-White wall shelves ( for books and a couple knick-knacks)
-Poofy white comforter and sheets
-Pine dresser, and nightstand (think I should ask my parents about painting them white?)
-White plastic bins for storage (how can I make them a little less modern-looking?)
-And some other little things that aren't worth listing.

For the walls I'm planning on doing a very soft bluish-green hue sort of like the color on the walls of this scene (NOTE: This is the scene that really made me decide that I wanted to decorate my room like so; so keep that in mind! Also not the floral of the curtians. THAT is the floral that I would like to see in my room.):

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/costumersguide/Marie-Antoinette/ohcapmarie/guitar%20stripe/image002797.jpg

Or I'd like to paint the room in a soft yellow tone, like the color of the dress and flowers (on the hat) worn by the auburn-haired woman closest to the person viewing the photo:

http://www.costumersguide.com/MA/trianon2a.jpg

I'm leaning towards the blue. Your thoughts?

So what I'm asking is for is pictures of and places where I can get colorful Sofia Copolla-inspired accesories and pretty rooms essentials that are reminiscent of what I've showed you. Also, tell me what you think I should do to decorate my room. Thank you! P.S. Links and photos are greatly appreciated!



Answer
http://themeroomideas.com/Marie-Antoinette-style/bedroom-decor.html

teen girl bedroom decor tips?




Ashley


i'm sixteen. on a budget. small room. for a few years, everything was black and bright pink. i'm looking for something lighter, clearer, calm. we rent an apartment, and i have wood paneling, so painting is probably not a good idea... I just need a change. Suggestions?


Answer
Blu tack and lots of posters from your favorite bands and shows. then just move things a little bit, and if you want it fresher try and remove knick knacks or hide them in a cupboard




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment