Thursday, August 8, 2013

Can you help me with ideas for my childrens bedroom?

bedroom ideas for boy and girl twins
 on Garnet Hill boy and girl room
bedroom ideas for boy and girl twins image



Jazzy


I have 2 girls. 1 and 3. My 1 year old is almost 2 but very advanced for her age. She speaks very clearly. My 3 year old will be 4 july4th. The theme is dora & puppies. What kind of beds should I use? Twin over full bunkbed? my 3 yr old is tall she looks and talks like a 5 yr old.. So she'll be needing something like a twin? Bit will that look right?? Any ideas?


Answer
I would get twin beds or if the room is big enough full size beds or twin boards that can convert to full. Girls, unlike boys, tend to tire of the whole bunk bed idea quick.

Also, I might be biased because I now have 3 girls and 2 boys and buying bedroom furniture over and over isn't part of the plan or budget..lol I use bedding to kiddie up their rooms.

Using your theme, I would go for something like this where the bedding isn't exactly the same for their beds, but coordinated (scroll to the pink set).
http://cimots.com/bed-design/kids-twin-beds-ideas-in-various-themes-bedroom.html

I get decals from here:
http://www.landofnod.com/kids-beds/kids-…

Here are some bedroom sets. Personally, I bought my mattresses locally because I wanted to see the quality and knew I could bargain with them on the price since I was buying more than one set:
http://www.bedroomfurniture.com/Kids-Bed…
http://www.kidsfurnituremart.com/kids-be…
http://www.cymax.com/Bedroom-Sets-Kids--…

What ideas are good decor ideas for a teen girls bedroom?




JeSSiCa


I am getting bored with my old bold green room, I am looking for a newer, cheap, and modern look.


Answer
A lot depends on what the girls like. Are they into sports or still in the girly look? It is always a good idea to have a place for makeup and desks for working so can you find a place to work them in? Might even have bunk beds to be able to get more floor space for desk. If you can do 2 desks so each girl has their own area, they can double as computer and homework place and also makeup spot. but each girl needs her own. Maybe even check out dorms and build it more like a college dorm. There they have 2 twin beds and then usually 2 desks, one for each and a closet each. That is about all that goes in a room. A book shelf or even a hutch over the desk is good to put keepsakes and books and supplies. You may be able to pick up desks and huth at a consignment store or a thrift store. I got mine there at the senior center thrift store. You might be able to let them share a printer if the desks are side by side or you have a wireless printer (wireless not in electric but in connection to computer. If girls are going to collee, as they near it you might consider a laptop for each. Some families like to keep the computer in a family area rather than bedrooms though because of the stuff on the internet and they can monitor them.

As to colors, you can keep walls neutral and decoraete using posters or prints. No more princess stuff for teens, but do include fluffy pillows for the beds. If there is space, separate rooms is nice for teir friends to visit.

You can even do a diagonal line across two opposing walls and paint one side one color and one use the diagonal lines to divide the colors and the colors extend for their side only. Then soften it with curtains that pick up both colors and also using posters or framed prints on the walls to break it up. Can do the same with neutral walls. There are also stencils you can put around the top of a room. I did some roses and purple star flwoers with green leaves and it was like an arbor almost and the kids called the room the rose room or the princess room as they felt like princesses in there. But walls were white. I had spreads with big red peonies that almost looked like roses and it had purple star flowers and green leaves so the roses which were very full, looked almost like the spreads and I used red and purple and green in the room. The carpet was even white and I used wool oriental rugs by the bed and a stained glass lamp shade with roses and a Grecian girl brass base. Had to call it the rose room when any of the fewer boys ame to stay. Or let the girls stay there and the boys could stay on sofa or in the big blue big chairwith ottoman. Unfortunaately we have downsized now and don't have all the space we did then as we went to a small cottage and a mobile home. But you might find a stencil the girls like and put it on the walls, either in random patterns or as a border at the top or even dropped down a bit as mine was. I did the stencils around and then did just the roses and no star flowers about every 3rd one above it as it needed soemthing else. I hope I have photos someplace. I haven't caught up with photos since they went into storage.

Good luck in finding something lovely and feminine and yet very practical for the girls.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment