Monday, August 12, 2013

What is a good waiting metaphor?

bedroom decor for little girls
 on Girl Bedroom Ideas on Little Girls Bedroom Decorating Ideas Pratamax ...
bedroom decor for little girls image



Ashley


Imagine a little girl in her castle bedroom, green and copper decor. Se is waiting up all night to hear hoofprints of a carriage delivering a new member for the castle staff. She waited like a child waiting anxiously for Christmas.

This is part of a story im writing, and i need a good metaphor to describe this little girl's waiting. This is a medieval alternate universe without christmas. Does anyone have any ideas or good websites?



Answer
No, actually you don't need a metaphor. Show the wait. Show the anticipation. Show all the angst she's going through. If it's all that important to the story, show it. Metaphors are when you want to tell, because it's not quite worth the show, but it's a little more important than a tell.

How to make my room look better?

Q. My bedroom is pink. Like a fairy pink. I picked this color when I was like 10. I am 14 now. I really want to make my room seem less like a little girly girl. My mom won't let me repaint my room. So what can I do to make my room less little girl like? Any ideas are appreciated? Thanks in advance. Btw, the rest of my room is fine, it's just the walls that bother me. Thanks so much in advance.


Answer
Pink does not have to mean 10
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3580/3348926997_dbc736ee12.jpg
http://www.countryliving.com/cm/countryliving/images/Pink-bedroom-GTL0505-de.jpg

Start selecting more mature things using this color pallette http://www.krishelmick.com/Clients/BS/color-palatte-soft-pink-neutral-room-bedroom-decor.jpg
Think about new bedding in the cream taupe heather blue or white that you have now with the pink.

Reduce clutter and small items. Get old picture frames and mirrors and paint them to match the bedding. you can find these at garage sales and used furniture stores.
Even stretch fabric to cover some of the wall with frames you can make yourself. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Fo7vaCYxWDg/SYBYmfXrj-I/AAAAAAAACgc/USS7U9MOUec/s400/6a00d8341cc08553ef00e54f62fa118833-800wi.jpg

Ask the folks for a chandilier for Christmas. See if a relative has one hiding in the attic and paint it. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/bevhillstyle/room/263314060_c3365d1b14_o.jpg

You can make the pink work...and then your 14 year old self won't hate it and your 16 year old self can grow up into it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment