Tuesday, August 6, 2013

How can I get a surfer style bedroom?

bedroom designs for girls pictures
 on kids bedroom designs,girls bedroom sets,girls bedroom ideas
bedroom designs for girls pictures image



HollyPolly


I love brands like Fat Face, Billabong, Roxy etc. and the whole surfer look but I was wondering how to get that style in my bedroom? I've only got a tiny bedroom but I'm up for any suggestions - please add photos if you can.


Answer
I would definitely stay away from creating a too cheesy surfer room. For example, I was looking up some pictures for you and there were cheap grass skirts as the bedskirt for the bed and little tiny surfer lamps and stuffed monkeys and dolphins and stuff....cheesy. To make a gooood surfer room, I'd choose a bright color that you like for the walls or maybe two as in the picture provided below. The room below has lime green and orange but if you like other bright colors better, that'd be okay too. When you look for room examples like this, I always just use the picture as a shell and interchange my color preferences, etc. So paint the walls a bright color, I actually like the blue in the second picture provided for the walls. You'll want to keep white in your room too..the molding around the room, in the bedspread, maybe the bed frame, the dresser and anything you can really. Because you have a really bright wall, you need that white to offset it and make it more beachy and light. So chose your bedspread. There are plenty of bedspreads that are actually billabong and roxy beach spreads if you want that. You can also chose a hawaiian print theme, but I feel like that's borderline cheesy as well. If I were you, I would choose a full white bedspread in a light fabric. Choosing a completely white bedspread will also make the room and your bed feel and look bigger. It's really your preference though, as I know some people love the hawaiian print. I love the wicker in the first room provided. And I love how they painted it, but I also just love wicker plain. So if you're tight on cash or you just like the wicker not painted, just keep it like it is. Wicker just reminds me of outdoor furniture you'd have at a beach house though. I'm not sure what color your carpet is or if you have wood floors. It'd be ideal if you had wood flooring and then I'd add a straw beach mat as the rug at the foot of the bed or at the side of the bed, depending on the positioning of the bed. I'd get white lamps like the one in the first bedroom provided, the two inbetween the two beds on the nightstand. Again, I'm not sure how you are on money, but if you can afford it, I'd definitely splurge on a full sized surfboard to put somewhere in your room, behind a wicker chair or in a corner by itself. I'll provide a link to a cheaper board (in the world of surfboards it's considered very cheap.) I'd also get some beach themed decor. I like the word beach spelled out above the bed in the second picture. I also love the wood nightstand in the second bedroom, you can see the top slats of it, but I would paint it white. I was recently at Marshalls and they had extremely nice and sophisticated beach themed decor that could fill up probably two to three rooms. If you have a Marshalls by you, you should take a look there. Also, TJ Maxx. If not though, I'm sure you can find really cute beach stuff online. Even if you went to a craft store and bought a hurricane candle holder, a pillar candle, and sand and/or shells, that would be awesome to put on your nightstand. You could also buy a cheap starfish and shells online too to put around your room. The options are endless!! :) Here are all the links:

1st bedroom (bright walls, wicker chair, white dresser, white lamps)... http://www.thedesignfile.net/thedesignfile/2010/05/a-colorful-kids-room-you-can-emulate.html

2nd bedroom (the color blue I love for a beach room, beach letters over bed, slat nightstand)... http://www.bedroominteriordecorating.com/teenage-girl-bedroom-ideas-teenage-bedroom-designs/

Beach Mat for Rug... http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Natural-Beautiful-Yoga-Mat/dp/B000UK6VQ2

Landshark Board suggestion if you can't find something else... http://compare.ebay.com/like/350433809099?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=213510046901&crlp=1_263602_304662&UA=M*F%3F&GUID=5ec409fa12e0a47a2fa73f07fb4737ad&itemid=350433809099&ff4=263602_304662

Beach candles (LOVE the different colors!!)... http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img4.realsimple.com/images/0903/candles_300.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/new-uses-for-old-things/summertime-new-uses-00000000016188/page37.html&usg=__DFVeZEITqeVDmvMb6BvECLlisug=&h=357&w=300&sz=20&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=t8VJsv_DLEYs8M:&tbnh=156&tbnw=121&ei=eSRoTcTlJ4yCtge1-IXoAw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhurricane%2Bcandle%2Bwith%2Bsand%2Band%2Bshells%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D622%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C42&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=1035&vpy=204&dur=726&hovh=245&hovw=206&tx=165&ty=142&oei=eSRoTcTlJ4yCtge1-IXoAw&page=1&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0&biw=1280&bih=622


HOPE THIS HELPS!!! :)

What are some good themes to fit this description?




IcedRose


I need teenage girl bedroom themes. Please give me a picture URL to show me what you're thinking if possible. Thanks so much! :)


Answer
Search around DIgs DIgs room designs, amazing!

http://www.digsdigs.com/17-cool-teen-room-ideas/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment