Friday, May 3, 2013

What is the coolest bedroom decor/design idea you've see?

Q. I want to redo my room but i dont want to get sick of it quickly.
I can't choose a color scheme. I've already had purple and pink walls.
Maybe a sophisticated black and lime green or etc?
Any ideas are helpful!

A. Maybe blue or green room. If you want it sophisticated maybe dark blue walls with black furniture and deep blue accents or if you want it soft a blue with white or cream accents. You could even paint it a coffee color with cream furniture or black. Hope I helped!


Need some easy decorating ideas for a Master Bedroom?
Q. We have an older four poster oak bedroom set-its sturdy and well made and I just cant bring myself to get rid of it. I would really love to spice up my bedroom decor but cant figure out what would go well with the brown oak "country style" bedroom set. Im more into a contemporary or eclectic look now and I need help with some options...thanks.

A. I had a Lane bedroom set. It was solid oak and gorgeous. It had a canopy bed, triple dresser, armoire and two nightstands. I had that set for at least 30 years and it looked like new.

But times and tastes change and I wanted something more modern or at least "different".

Trust me, nothing you do to that "country style" set is going to satisfy you if your taste has changed. Bite the bullet and let it go. I sold my old set reasonably to someone that loved it as much as I did when it was new so I knew it went to a good home.

I then bought a new set that is just what I wanted at this point in my life. I don't go for the "sturdy, well made" (translated "really expensive") stuff anymore (I'm not talking about buying junk either, I got my new set at Ashley) because then you have it forever and get tired of it. If you take good care of whatever you buy it will last you for as long as you love it. Then, when you don't "love it" anymore you won't feel so bad to let it go.

Life is short, you deserve to have what makes you happy today!!

Edited: I work for a store that sells furniture wholesale and I update their catalogs. Believe me when I tell you that if you paint the "country" furniture black, it's going to look like black "country" furniture (I see hundreds of sets of black "country" furniture). Country is country is country. If you try to put modern stuff in, on and around your "country" stuff, it's going to scream "she's trying not to look country, but it's country with modern stuff". It won't go. I had country decorating in my home. My husband bought me a baby grand piano. When they bought it in and set it down amidst my "country" stuff, you could almost hear the piano saying "What's all this stuff?" I had to change my decor to go with the piano (much more sophistocated victorian). Modern stuff has clean lines and there is no way to make country stuff look modern.

I'll say it again, life is short, get what you really want and enjoy it.


How can I decorate my bedroom for halloween?
Q. I know it's early, but I need to start finding things soon. All i have is a strobe light lol. Any cool places in my room where i can put it? Also, where can i get really cheap decorations?
Also if you have any cheap Christmas decor ideas, that's good too! Thankyou!
- Cassie

A. Get some orange and purple lights and string them in your room. You could also get some Halloween peel off stickers to put on your windows, or fake spider webs. Party City or Spirit of Halloween stores will have tons of stuff and marthastewart.com has some awesome home made decorating ideas.

As far as Christmas, I put up a small tree with lights in my room, candles, and a manger scene. I also have a clock that I put out that plays a Christmas song every hour on the hour. It's awesome! The tree came from Wal-Mart..if I remember correctly the small one I got fits perfectly on top of my dresser and it wasn't above $20.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment