Wednesday, May 29, 2013

How can I decorate a pink room?

Q. my room is a medium toned pink
i don't want to repaint it, but i am also trying to redo my room
what colors would go with pink?
i don't want it to look juvinile

thanks

A. Pink doesn't have to look juvenile and there are ways to achieve nice rich looks. In fact, pink is a very good color to have in a bedroom, as it is very relaxing for the spirit and soul, not to mention the mind. Here are some color schemes that will work well with your pink walls:

For an oppulent look: pink, white & gold
For a contemporary look: pink, white & silver
For a relaxing look: pink, dark brown & off-white
For an art deco look: pink, black & silver
For a retro look: pink, white & black
For an airy feel: pink, lime green & white
For a country feel: pink, light green & yellow
For chic New York look: pink, brown & turquoise

Pink is a great color and is no longer confined to being used for kids.

As for my favorite above: Pink, white & gold for the oppulent look. If you need ideas for this look, just send me an email and I'll send you more ideas.

Whatever you do, make sure you decide on the mood you want the room to have, then run with that. And keep in mind that the best thing to do when deciding on decorating is to prepare a room that makes you smile each and every time you walk into it!


What are some ideas for a yankee themed room?
Q. We already have pinstriped wall paper and a border with new york yankees any other ideas???

A. http://boysthemebedrooms.com/baseball/baseball-bedroom-decorating-ideas.html


Interior Decorators for One Bedroom in Astoria New York?
Q. Hey!

I just wanted to preface this with a statement: I have next to no decorating vision.

So! I am looking to hire someone to come in and tell me what to do with my bedroom.
Its only going to be 1 room in a rental apartment so I wonder if interior decorators even bother with that.

Any who I don't even know where to start looking for something like that. Anyone know of a person or company who could do that?

Thanks!

A. I'm sure you could find local firms online and I'm sure someone would be willing to charge you to decorate your bedroom. I'm also sure that if you gave us a few more details on what the room is like and what sorts of things you like and need that you will get enough ideas to do it yourself. I wouldn't consider it worth the money to pay someone to do it.
Y/A decorating people (myself included) love to give ideas away for free!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment