Saturday, May 25, 2013

How to completely change my style without seeming like a poser?

Q. I guess I'll get this out of the way, for years I've lived in sweats and such, and I've been getting things to change my style into that of a tumblr girl. II really love what I'm becoming because it feels like it's my style. No, I'm not a poser. I'm not doing this to be cool or liked. I'm doing this because I genuinely want to and I love the style. Because I am very socially anxious and awkward I have no clue how to change my style without people notice the transition.

I have everything need (skinny jeans, leggings, sweaters, red lipstick, mascara, thick brown hair and the base of a bedroom, complete with a bed, desk and book case) but I am puzzled as to what to decorate my bedroom with, and as to what else I can incorporate into my wardrobe to complete my desired style. Also, if you have any hair/makeup tips, that would be extremely helpful, but I think I can manage by myself if you don't have any.

Just to help you, this is a link to a room I like:
http://data.whicdn.com/images/47489225/tumblr_mfrpjqi7re1qjgz4ho1_500_large.jpg
And here's a link to some clothes I like:
http://www.polyvore.com/jadsf/set?id=65757739
http://www.polyvore.com/sdfghjhyuasdhjsf/set?id=63380817

So just to recap: how to start/do the whole change, any style tips and decorating tips would be appreciated.

Thank you so much ^_^

A. I don't think people will just immediately assume you're a poser, people change their styles all the time, it's just something you do until you find out what you like.

I changed my style about a year ago, and i just went right into it. It's a little easier if you start your change right after a break or a weekend, because then you've been away from people for a little bit and then you just come back all new. I'd just jump right in, your style is a way to express yourself, and if you think this style is you then show everyone else that :)

Style tips:
--maybe dye the tips of your hair, that seems to be pretty popular among my tumblr friends
--wear beanies :)
--fun shoes also seem to be pretty popular for this look (heels, boots, or patterned flats)
--i think the red lipstick look only works well if you have a fair complexion
--piercings are also pretty popular with this look, but you don't have to go that far

Honestly just have fun with the look, don't get so wrapped up in what the style actually is, just make it your own

Room Ideas:
--take a bunch of sharpies (or paint) and write your favourite quotes or poems or lyrics on the the walls
--christmas lights
--print out allll your favourite photos and make a photo wall
--my friend decorated a whole wall with sticky notes with reminders of her favourite things or memories.


good luck!


How can i decorate my door for my bedroom?
Q. My room right now is blue. It isn't that good looking right now. I want to paint it soon & redo it. I am 16 going on 17 here soon. Any ideas on ways to decorate my door & walls or stuff to put on them? Nothing expensive though.. Juss stuff i can make or something. P.S. I have two doors in my room! [:

A. Depending on your style, there are lots of things you can do. If I could do anything with my room, I would do this.

Paint the walls the color blue-purple (periwinkle) and put little stars all over the walls. Then I would paint my favorite quotes on the walls in black or silver. Finally, I would hang twinkling white lights around the perimeter of the room at the very top, right by the ceiling. This would give your room a space-themed/hipster (not really, but I don't know another word for it) feel to it.


How to decorate/liven up my bedroom?
Q. I can't paint or nail anything to the wall.
The color on the wall is currently a beigh color.
I love all colors except for some netural colors like brown or black.
I have a decent sized room.
Bunk beds, two dressers, tv, a couple of nightstands. (I share the room with my little sister but she won't care)
Any ideas? Thanks!

A. go to target and get hangers that you just push on the wall, and they peel right off, not damaging the walls or paint at all!

get lots of bright colored frames and put pictures in them and around your room, or put your favorite quotes in them.

you can get any color christmas lights, and outline your windows or door, or some area of your room, for a fun light affect.

i like to move the furniture around, it makes the room feel completely different!

if you have a full length mirror, decorate that with some pictures, or get the window paint and write something on it

can you blue tac things to the wall? if so i would decorate a wall or corner with magazine cutouts, or just pictures of you and friends, since you share a room, you can make a "you" section

good luck





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment