Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What is a good decor & bedding theme for boy and a girl that share a room?

Q. We are moving which means our kids will no longer have their own rooms. My 6 yr old daughter and 2 yr old son will have to share a room. Any good ideas for a theme rm that they will both like?

A. http://kidsthemebedrooms.com/shared-bedrooms/decorating-shared-bedrooms-for-boys-and-girls.html


Any ideas for 2 kids sharing a 9x9 room?
Q. We are moving to a tiny rental at the end of the month. I have 4 children, 2 girls age 9 and 7, and 2 boys age 4 and 1. The house is 3 bedrooms. The other rooms are big, but one of the bedrooms is 9.3x9.5. I was going to have the 2 smallest boys share this room. The 1 year old is still in a crib. Any decorating/arrangement suggestions??? Any help is appreciated.

A. Mom;
Think vertical, bunk beds save floor space.


I need ideas on how to paint my boys bedroom?
Q. I have 2 boys (ages 7 & 4) that share a fairly large bedroom. I want to paint it with some cool design that they'll like now and when they get older. Any suggestions would be great.

A. The best ideas I've found for boys bedrooms are http://boysthemebedrooms.com/. There are some great themes that you can do by purchasing or making the items shown. I also found this site (http://www.decorating-kids-rooms.net/bedroom-themes-for-children.html) which talks specifically about "How To Create Bedroom Themes For Children That Grow With Your Child".

Right now it seems to be that for your 4 and 7 year olds, a pirate theme would be fantastic. Maybe paint a wall mural of a beach and sunset on one wall. Then as they grow older they can add things to it - like kids playing sports on the beach, pirate treasure in the sand, or just enjoying the peaceful scene.

You know your kids and their interests - have a ball with them and let them decide. My daughter loves pirates and Egyptians. So I'm focusing on the treasure and tying the two interests together that way.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment