Thursday, May 16, 2013

I need tips, tricks, or ideas on how to decorate my bedroom. Any help?

Q. I am almost 18 years old and I need a big change in my bedroom. I have a daybed and have a hard time finding bedding that would look as good as it does on regular beds on a daybed. I also want a quaint, antique feel in my room without it feeling lke my mother decorated it for me like I was 12 again. One more problem to add on is I can't paint my walls so they'll have to stay a bland neutral white, since I'll be moving out for college in a year. Can anyone help me with some ideas, or tips, or some websites that have ideas. Thanks! Feel free to email me too.

A. http://www.wakeupfrankie.com/ensemble.asp?ensemble_id=197#viewer





http://www.wakeupfrankie.com/ensemble.asp?ensemble_id=52#viewer


Decorating a college apartment?
Q. My am in college and next semester my best friend and I are getting an apartment together. She is kind of boyish and I am super girly. We will each have our own bedrooms and bathrooms and she said that I could decorate our Living room, kitchen, and dining room as well. I basically have two parts to my question:
1.) When decorating my room and bathroom, I have no furniture yet so it is a blank canvas. Where can I find some cheap durable pieces that I can transfer to my house when I graduate? Also, where are some cute decorating ideas? I love the home interior kind of stuff with the wrought iron and etc, but I am still yound and want to incorporate livliness! I also love pink and green. Where can I find cute accessories?
2.) For the living room and dining room, we have antique furniture that is very not our style. I will have to work around it until we can save for others. How can I modernize it and where can I find cheap but classy looking stuff to replace it? Thanks!

A. Check out fabric stores for remnants. For bedroom furniture, just look at an LL Bean catalog with all their painted white and pastel furniture. Any amateur can recreate that look with furniture from the junk store or flea market with a few cans of Krylon white spray paint.

Also check out the discount stores for "bed in a bag' type comforter sets and throw rugs.

Also check out eBay and www.overstock.com for all sorts of cool stuff.

Enjoy.


What are some great ideas for decorating the wall in my dorm?
Q. Moved some furniture around, and now there's a big blank wall behind the couch. I'm on a college budget, so I'd like to use mostly supplies I already have; several colors of paper, markers (including silver), scissors, tape, etc. I'm ok with spending a LITTLE money on supplies as well.

Links to examples are great, too! I want to do something other than the usual posters and stuff.

A. I'm going to throw you three links here to a kazillion gorgeous pictures of designer rooms. I think you will get some great wall decor ideas from these pics. You can save your favorite pix to your computer, then narrow it down.

Cottage Decor (has bedrooms and other rooms) -- this one has lots of feminine rooms I think you will love:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/gal0407212710549.html?59

Bedrooms -- little kids, to teens, to guest rooms:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/gal030827409081.html?16

Bedrooms -- grown up bedrooms:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/gal010651154004.html?52

I hope this gives you lots of good ideas!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment