Monday, May 20, 2013

Interior Design Help - my bedroom is very long and narrow, feels imbalanced, how do I decorate/place furniture?

Q. Hi, I live in a cabin that has long narrow bedrooms built into the side of the main structure. The room I sleep in is very long and narrow, and has a small window looking out on the long wall facing outside. I don't know what I can do to balance out the room, especially with a queen size bed that takes up the entire length of the short wall - leaving about 2 feet for a small bedside table. Any ideas to make it more cozy and feel less like a hallway? If I can figure out how to send a pic I will - and if you help I will make sure to give you ten points!!! Much appreciated...

A. Divide and conquer is the trick to making a large space cozy. Working to section it off sometimes something as simple as a folding screen at the bottom of your bed will do that for you. Or move the bed further into the room put the screen behind the bed and put your desk behind it. Large bold prints help - along with large scattered decorative pieces. Make one section with seating - love seat and sofa table or 2 rockers or easy chairs facing.

http://www.decorpad.com/photos/2008/09/22/ecf0267cbc78.jpg

Another suggestion is 1 long or 2 tall bookcases placed on the short walls as dividers. http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/la/inspiration/inspiration-using-a-bookcase-as-a-room-divider-080938 best to have them open back to allow light through.


Teen Bedroom Decorating Ideas?
Q. I am fourteen and over the summer I am painting my room and completely redecorating. I have a long twin bed, a half dresser/ half TV stand thing, a huge bookshelf, two narrow (but tall) closets and a ceiling that is high on one end and slopes downward. I window that is almost ceiling to floor (on the downward slope side). Right now, my walls are lavendar and there are princesses on it. It has to go. I LOVE Vampire Diaries and Twilight and wanted to do something that has to do with that but my room is really small and crowded. Any ideas? For just about everything in the room. I keep getting my ideas vetoed. Please help!!!

A. I'm a teen too, and planning out a new bedroom. I used PB Teen for lots of ideas, but i honestly think you wouldn't want Vampire Diaries and Twilight in your room in a few years. The first thing you should do, is pick out a bed comforter. Once you find one you like, then you can choose the wall color and some of the accessories you want for your room. It should all match the colors in the bed comforter in some way. There's some pretty affordable stuff on overstock.com as well, if you need to save.
Hope I Helped : )


I need bedroom decorating ideas!?
Q. I am fourteen and over the break (spring and summer) I am redoing my room. Right now, its a light purple with princesses on it that have to go! I have a really long bed and a half TV stand/half desser thing that takes up a lot of space. And I have a huge bookshelf. One window and that is almost floor to ceiling, and the ceiling is raked, its slanted downward. I love vampires so was thinking about making my bed an ode to vampires. I found this adorable black and white polka dot comforter and this black pillow with a single blood red crow on it for Vampire Diaries and I have New Moon and Twilight stuff galore. I need ideas for the walls and good storage techniques. Oh, and I have two closets but they are really tall and really narrow. Please help. Pictures would be great if you can. I am so tired of all the clutter and I want something that I will feel comfortable in but I'm not good with coming up with ideas. Thanks a million! :)
Oh and my room is small!!!

A. http://mariesmanordecorating.com/gothic/medieval-gothic-style-bedroom-decor.html





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment