Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My bedroom looks cold and impersonal. How can I make it appear more snugly and warm.?

Q. Ideas on decorating the bedroom are welcome.
Are flowerpots a good idea in the bedroom? Should I put up paintings? Rugs? My bedroom has white walls, sliding doors and maroon curtains. There's a bed with side tables, a couple of dark brown wooden cupboards, a small lamp and a few wall mounted lamps. Still I hardly feel like going into it. Maybe there's a lot of open space inside. Ideas please.

A. COLOR!!!

Creams, ivories with a splash of earth tones and a zip of red somewhere!

Antique furniture makes everything about a room cozier!


what would be a neat way to decorate a bathroom?
Q. I'm moving out on my own this fall to a nice little one bedroom apartment with my bf of 3yrs. We've already seen the inside of it so we kinda got an idea of the whole layout. We both really want the inside to be different, but stylish. Like example: living room is going to be theater/movie themed, kitchen looking like a little cafe, bedroom asian...but we come up short on the bathroom. Any ideas?

A. Maybe carry the Asian theme into the bathroom? You can either go for traditional-inspired Asian with lots of brown, sage green, and earth tones. Get a bamboo bathmat and some serenity type candles and make it Zen. Or you could go modern Asian. Go for a colors like black with orange and aqua mixed in, concentrate on squares, dots, and simple shapes, maybe look for a cute Japanese art inspired picture to go with the theme.


When decorating, what color(s) goes well with Red/Burgundy?
Q. I am looking into re-decorating my bedroom and found a red and burgundy comforter set that I like which matches my sheer burgundy curtains that I already have in the room.

I am planning on painting the bedroom and am not sure what color would go well with red and burgundy as far as what color to paint the walls.

Any ideas?

A. well natural beige, or any colors with a hint of brown in them would go perfect with any darker shade of red.

but beiges and browns can get boring, unless you really like earth tones.

But, if you go to this website:
http://www.behr.com/behrx/homedepot/

you can mix and match any colors you would want. and then when you find the perfect color, if you go to home depot, they will mix up the color for you.

I like cherry (lighter red but not lipstick red) and desert lily for trim, if my fabrics were burgundy and red. and i would use a poinsetta shade of red, for the window treatments. but it may be too much red for you. I love red.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment