Wednesday, May 22, 2013

How should i decorate my room?

Q. We are moving tomorrow, and were renting our new house.
I get the whole downstairs to myself which is great, but we can't paint it.
I'm a teenage girl and i need a color scheme or bedspread that i can work with.
The walls are a Khaki/tan color so i need a way to make the room seem girly, without painting.
Any pics or ideas would help, and its a huge room too! :)
I like the more simple, sophisticated look. Maybe like elegent flowers on the bedspread.

A. Hey! I have tan colored walls too, so what I did, was make the color scheme of my bedroom green and brown, so that the walls sort of look green.
This is how I decorated it:
BED:-The wood part of the bed is dark brown.
-I have three silk pillows - two tan and one white. They're regular sized.
-On top of those I have 3 girly, smaller ones - there's two white ones and a blue. The white ones have a flower design on them, and are square. The blue one in the middle is more of a rectangle, but is plain.
-My sheets are silk and are brown, tan, off-white striped.
-My blanket is plain off-white and is pretty thick. You don't need to do this to get the same look, but the bottom of this blanket is actually tacked into the bed so it looks perfect - it makes washing a bit difficult though.
-On top of the thick blanket, I have a really thin (almost like a sheet or curtain) pure white blanket with blue spots on it, which are the same color as the middle pillow.
-Located in middle of my room.
BESIDE BED:-I have a really small side-table on each side of my bed. The tables are rectangles and are a really dark brown (same color as the bed). They each have 3 drawers, and are made of pure wood. The left side-table has a lamp (described below), my small light brown alarm clock, a picture of me and my friend, and flowers. The flowers are orange and are in a plain glass cup with water. On the other hand, the right side-table only has a lamp (identical to the other) and my phone.
-The lamps are pretty much just like this one - http://www.johnlewis.com/jl_assets/product/230229571.jpg However, the base of the lamp (the glass looking part) is much wider, and it doesn't have that bottom part. To picture it, think of a large soda can (liter bottles) but with a lamp shade on it.
ABOVE BED:-I have two simple pictures above my bed (like these http://www.rsvpstyle.com/include/images/inspire_learn/tips/009b.jpg) However, mine are directly above the bed, and are striped with different shades of green and brown. I only have two - the one closest too the bed is a large rectangle, and then the one above it is about have its size.
FLOORING/RUG:
-My flooring is similar to this - http://www.housetohome.co.uk/imageBank/cache/j/Junckers-flooring.jpg_e_9c53654d7f7c9c72667efde1daba6b35.jpg The only difference is that the strips of wood are smaller, and have a pattern of dark wood, then light.
-I also have one large rug in my room, which is located half under and have in front of my bed. (like this - http://www.landryandarcari.com/galleries/Rug-Room-Settings/Tibetan-Rug-in-Bedroom.jpg) The rug has rectangles as a design, with a pattern of blue rectangle, green rectangle, brown rectangle, blue rectangle, green brown, etc. On top of the rectangles, there are light green bubble-like shapes that go around it.
CURTAINS:My curtains are a light brown (sort of see-through, so they let the sun in, but you can't see in from the outside). They're a standard pair that go up and down and are put on each window.
DESK:-Located in front of my windows, sort of beside my bed.
-The actual desk and seat are both black, though a dark brown would work perfectly fine.
-The desk is pretty basic, though thin. It doesn't have large drawers or anything - just two small ones at the base of the desk.
-The seat doesn't have a cushion, and is just plain black wood. The 'head' (where your back goes) of the seat has slots in it - http://www.thefurniture.com/store/images/OSP/Large/OSP-MN28.jpg You may prefer something that spins, or with wheels.
-On my desk, I keep three books (I don't recommend crowding it with books - try to keep them on a separate shelf. Also, try to keep papers inside the desk.), my laptop, two pictures, a cup with markers/pens, and a small desk lamp.
LOUNGE:-I have a black leather cushion type piece (like a couch cushion, but is at tall as a seat - you may prefer a bean-bag) that I often use as a table rather than a seat. This is located diagonal to the left of my bed.
-I have a black leather couch with 3 seats located beside my desk, in front of my windows. It's pretty standard, though may be smaller than most. For pillows, I have 3 - they're all plain white pillows with black flower designs on them.
-In front of my couch, I have an oval-shaped coffee-table without drawers. On this table I have 4 hardcover books, orange flowers in a brown vase, a little cactus plant, and a fruit bowl.
-Beside my couch, to the left of it, I have a tall lamp - this is basically identical to my side-table lamps, except it's much higher. (ground lamp).
WALL DECORATION: Besides the wall decoration I have above my bed I also have three small pictures (equally as thick as the others). These are 3 small squares which are located between two of my windows - the first is a moon, second is a leaf, and the third is the ying-yang sign.
-I also have a fan with brown 'propellers' on it - it's a wall fan so I'm not sure if this is possible to get.

Good luck!


Ways to decorate big bland teenage girls bedroom?
Q. The only things inside my daughters room are her single bed, long glass study desk, a small drawer for socks and things like that. Her bed sheets are usually pink and her wall has a collage of family photos on it. Her wardrobe is also a built in mirror that takes up one wall. She's off at camp right now and I wanted to surprise her. What are some ways I could decorate her room to make it more girly and more bedroom-y? Thanks! :)

A. Check out www.pinterest.com There are a TON of awesome decorating ideas, and most of them for super cheap! I decorated my sisters room with ideas from there!


How can I decorate a teenage bedroom fit to my personality?
Q. I'm a 15 year old girl. My favorite pastimes are reading, listening to rock, dance, j-pop and punk-pop music, I like bright happy colors like lime green, bright purple and hot orange, I like reading quotes and poems, and I love animals. How can I incorporate all or some of this things in my bedroom? I brought a green comforter with purple sheets and transparent purple curtains. I was thinking in corporating the color orange in the walls and 2 round, puffy orange pillows for the bed as well, but I don' t know how it will look. Also, my room is small. What do I do? Any different ideas? I will apreciate it so much if someone could help me.

A. Paint walls a solid color of your choice and take a rag and dip in another color of your choice and do rag art!*





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment