Saturday, May 18, 2013

What are some decorating ideas for teen girl bedrooms?

Q. I want a modern room and I am thinking about a lime green accent wall, and the rest white, white trim, hardwood flooring, and hot pink and bright blue to accent. What do you think?

A. You might want to have a little green tint (barely visible) in the same tone as the lime in the white paint for the walls to pull it together. Keep the trim bright white and maybe an icy blue tint in the ceiling. I'm not sure about the blue AND pink - I would go with either blue OR Hot Pink. It will have a crisper look if there isn't too many different main/accent colors. What about a tropical theme? It sounds as though you like color. With the tropical theme, you can have a few main colors and lots of little punches of many colors. That would work best with your lime and blue, but I would go more with a brighter pale shade of blue with this.


How to improve a bedroom with no windows....?
Q. Any one with a knack for decorating have any ideas on improving the feel of a bedroom with NO windows.

The door is meant to be used as a source of light but it's too hot to open it. I tried a large mirror on the wall where a window could be but it didn't do much to improve the dark cave-like feel of the bedroom.

Any suggestions?

A. bright sunny color with lots of good lighting. but let me say the mirror was a good idea, but dress it like a window put curtains like you would over a window over the mirror.


How to make wallpaper less noticeable?
Q. Okay, so I want to redo my room this summer. There's just one problem. I hate my wallpaper. It's striped (like white and pale pink) It's not really bright or anything and I know I'm not going to be able to tear it down and paint my walls. So how do I make it less noticeable? What decorations or other things would help take the attention off the wallpaper? Also, any other decorating ideas for a teen girl's bedroom would be appreciated! I also need a variety of color schemes and themes! Thanks in advance.

A. if you can't remove the wallpaper, work with it. the hollywood regency look would work well with your wallpaper. it's all about mirrors, glass chandeliers and pink!i couldn't find just the right image, but this might be a start...

http://designdazzle.blogspot.com/2010/05/hollywood-glamour-bedroom.html





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment