Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How would you decorate this room?

Q. My bedroom has dark, dusty blue carpet. I have white walls except for one wall that has gry/wht paneling. it's horrible. I have a dark wood bed and that's about it. Oh, and the best part...I have an a/c unit that sticks out of my wall by about a foot and is about 2 feed wide. It's brown and has a hideous cord haning down. I can't paint or do anything to perm. Detailed ideas very very very appreciated as I don't have time for creativity anymore. Pictures would be great, too!!!

A. WOW, you do have a dilema. First, let's address the a/c, how about using a radiator cover, check out this website:http://www.woodenradiatorcabinet.com/
if your handy or no someone who is they can make one for you. Next, blues and browns aren't terrible colors to work with. Check out the bedding ensembles at this website:http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stylePage.asp?order_num=-1&rn=22&rnt=0&ipp=1000&
Use a complemtary color from the bedding (like a green) to accents with pillows, a throw, etc. . . As for windows, you didn't mention them. Maybe just blinds, you can generally get them pretty cheap, I found some at Ocean State Job Lot for $3.99 and complement that with a topper, or use sheers of your accent color. If you have two windows on the same wall, handing drapes so that the center space between the window is draped as well will add color to your walls and give the appearance of a bigger window. Artwork and mirrors too will help liven up the walls and a plant, faux plant or a standing vase purchased from a craft store with a beautiful floral arrangement adding twirling brown twig to complement your bed. The idea to hang flat bed sheets across one wall is a good idea you can consider. If you choose to do that, think about the wall behind your bed. I know a little expense is involved, but Rome wasn't built in a day and your bedroom doesn't have to be either.


How to decorate a bedroom with salmon carpets?
Q. My parents just bought a new house and my bedroom isn't an actual bedroom, it was the previous owner's office. Therefore, there isn't a closet or anything. Its a fairly large room, somewhere upwards of 200 sq feet. However, the carpets are this nasty salmon color and there are also these ugly counters that we can't take out.. I've attached a little collage of pictures of the room. The wall shelves are being taken out, and half of the counters were able to be taken out (the ones on the back wall as well as the one closest to the bottom left corner in the top left photo). Also, before I move in the wall that looks unfinished will be completed..

Things I definitely need in the room:
- 2 wardrobes (already have them, they're a light espresso color)
- bed ( haven't purchased the bed frame yet)
- desk (light wood finish)
-small, 4' high book shelf (light wood finish)
- small flat screen tv (currently have that on my bookshelf, but I'm not sure if that will work with the size of my new room)

I have a black la-z-boy recliner that I MIGHT put in the room, and plan on buying another desk (a vanity style), etc.. I am on a budget as I am 19, and I prefer the look of darker wood finish.. I want the room to be like a small studio apartment, with as many separate areas as possible (studying, sleeping, beauty area, etc) since I have the space to do so.

Any ideas on how to make this room a little less ugly? I was thinking maybe add cabinet doors to the counter, and maybe get some cream colored fabric to cover the counter tops with? I'm open to any idea though (they cannot be painted, and I also cannot paint the walls a color other than white)


http://i48.tinypic.com/rkr1p5.png

A. Wow, what a space !
First you need a ceiling.Add some pot lights and remove those florescent lights.
Remove the shelves and trash them or use them else where.

A larger bed would fit in the space. You can put it next to the window.You can use a woven headboard :http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Abaca-Weave-Headboard/7213500/product.html
The walls can be painted a grey.
Try mostly white and navy blue bedding .http://luxury-linens-4-less.com/436-1366-large/3pc-hotel-framed-navy-blue-and-white-bedding-duvet-cover-set.jpg
http://www.home-decorating-co.com/lacoste-concordia-blue-bedding.html
http://www.home-decorating-co.com/north-home-fantasy-bedding.html
http://www.home-decorating-co.com/echo-african-sun-bedding.html
Put your desk and study area at the end of the room away from your bed.
In the middle you can have a table with your tv and some sift chairs .


tips on decorating teen bedroom?
Q. Hey everybody,

So im 15 years old and redecorating my bedroom. I just finished painting the walls (two walls lime gren and the other two bright blue)

None of my furniture matches, but most of it is dark wood.

I have a pretty big bedroom, but its a huge mess so it looks really small.

Any tips for organizing or cheap remodeling ideas (keep in mind im working with the budget of a 15 year old with no steady job)

Any tips/ideas would be a HUGE help.
Much thanks.

A. Okay, so the folks let you paint, perhaps check out some cloth in a cool pattern that you could hang over the walls, or drape over some of the furniture...what about posters, etc.... I once stapled a whole bunch of paper egg cartons (the egg cups)all over a wall and painted it, it was a neat texture....there are cork panels that can be bought and tacked (or glued if the folks don't mind) on the wall and then you can tack things all over them....How about some lights? String up some extra Christmas lights around the ceiling....or check the local dollar store for some odd lights , I have seen pumpkins and chilli pepper looking lights.. Spencers has some odd stuff too, Is black light still considered cool? (it was 30 years ago LOL) Those plastic milk crate things are great for storage, again, check out the local dollar store..lots of sizes and colors

Check out this link to some pictures of college dorm rooms for some ideas, these rooms are small, but some are neat..and most college kids have no money to work with for decorating.....

http://ww3.fredonia.edu/reslife/students...

or check out other college sites, a lot of these are done with "whatever" is laying around..





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment