Sunday, May 26, 2013

List of household items and furniture I will need. Decorating ideas. New apartment and buying all new stuff?

Q. I am looking if someone knows of some sort of new home checklist or something. I am relocating from Michigan to Texas and instead of doing a huge truckload across the country. I am selling everything here and going to purchase new stuff when I get down there. It is just a one bedroom apartment for my three year old son and myself. I just want a basic list, I want to start planning and picking things out (the move isn't until May), I kind of feel like I am forgetting some things. Any help would be appreciated!

Also, if anyone has any decorating ideas or links to furniture, I really love purple and kind of want to do a "purple" theme...any suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advance :)
That is a good point! I like that idea for the purple accents in the living room. I really like black and white...I'd op for black furniture because I have a three year old lol and the walls will be white (not by choice), but I can picture white and purple accents with the black and it looks pretty to me :) the dining room sits off of the living room, so I can get a black kitchen table with some sort of purple centerpiece to tie it all together.

A. If you are moving to a new house and want to decorate ever corner with the best furniture and other stuffs then online stores would be the best choice for you. I prefer buy online and as you will get less time to waste so online stores will give you option to choose from various available designs and colors. Also, you will be able to choose at your home and can save lots of time as well as money. Joss & Main is one of the well-known stores; hope you will find all the stuffs.


How can I decorate my bedroom with chocolate brown carpet?
Q. We are building a new home and my father really wanted chocolate brown carpet. We will only have carpet in the bedrooms, and it does look really pretty, but it is concerning. I need tips on decorating without making it look tacky. I wanted my bedroom to have a modern feel. I wanted to buy either black or white bedroom furniture. The walls will be painted a creamy beige color. Any good tips or advice out there? Please help!!

A. I would say use brown, white and turquoise with white furniture. For a wall color I would go for a light turquoise or blue; for baseboards and trip go white and for furniture I would go white with turquoise; for accessories use a variety of brown an white and blue to tie everything together. This will help break up the dark color of the carpet and give you a well put together look. A friend on mine writes a design blog and she suggested this page for more ideas:

http://blog.forrent.com/apartment-decorating-tips/power-color-for-home-decor-turquoise


What is good furniture for a bedroom that looks like a living room.?
Q. I want to redo my bedroom to make it look like a sitting room type thing until it's time for bedtime when I convert my futon into a bed. I would like some Japanese style things but I don't want it to be obvious that it's japanese styled. I also want it to look very modern.

A. Hi Bananas,
My suggest for your room to achieve what you want is as you said.To keep your room to the minimalist look. This look will capture the simplistic look and also the Japanese look without being too strong a statement. I would look into some Feng Shui design. I would also be aware of the look in your room becoming to uninviting or stark. ( cold appearance ) If you balance all the components, that being pattern texture and colors, your results will be pleasing to you. I have seen some great decorating ideas at Pottery Barn. This would be under Natural Inspiring section. Nature colors will work well for your room. Greens, Tans etc. Think ' Zen ' when you decorate :o)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment