Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Any suggestions on where I can find photos of nicely decorated studio apartments?

Q. I am moving into a studio apartment in the next few weeks. I am looking for decorating ideas (especially ways to divide the bedroom from the rest of the apartment). I checked hgtv. Any other great websites I should check out?

A. Apartment Therapy had a "Smallest, Coolest Apartment Contest" where every home had to be less than 850sq/ft. Most of the homes were really cool, so I think you could get a lot of good ideas looking at all the different entries. Go to this site and scroll down to the bottom for links to all the homes.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/contests/2008/small-cool/


Creative Decorating Ideas for a dorm room?
Q. My roommate and I are moving into an apartment style door room. It has a kitchen and a living room and still the same cinderblock walls. We also have separate bedrooms. For my room, I have a lot of photographer, graphic design, and painter friends so I'm trying to get each to make me something to put on the wall. For the kitchen, we thought about taking a champagne bottle and burning a candle into the top. Does anyone have any other cheap/creative decorating ideas? Or a website that might help? Thanks.

A. simple things to spice up a dorm include colorful rugs, anything you can put on the walls (i had album covers up one year, my roommate was obsessed with fashion magazines and plastered the walls with her favorite ads, etc). for common areas, try picking a color scheme and buying things that fit into it.

the dollar aisles at target are a lifesaver, you always find the most random things, usually for under $5. light becomes very important, so make sure you have enough lamps and stuff. i know a lot of people who collect liquor/wine bottles in their kitchens and its good at least for some color.

also, if you're allowed, try painting a wall or two, it really makes it feel more like home and its one less wall you feel the need to decorate.


Teenage boy bedroom decorating ideas and tips?
Q. My son is coming home in a month and I want to give him a "new bedroom",The problem is I am on a TIGHT BUDGET,He loves music and has his drums and guitars already in there.He also likes calming classy colors.Any ideas how I can incorporate the 2 and on a budget?

A. Well, my older bro has his room painted a dark brownish tan color, with blue bedding. its very calming. he also likes music so he has a couple framed pics of some of his favorite bands on the wall. he also doesnt have alot of furniture, which is helpful for him because its more space to do stuff in. all teenage boys are messy, so my parents have a few storage places for him in there under his bed and in his closet. i hope that helps!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment