Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How to decorate a red wall bedroom?

Q. I have red walls with black carpet. It is a small bedroom and I would like some wall art. Should I stay with red and black wall art or go for a different color, If so what ? The approximate dimentions of the room is 20' by 10' all I have in the room is a queen size bed, a short dresser and night stand.

A. hi, love the colours in your room! look at these websites for some ideas. If you like abstract look for Alfred Gockel, a lot of his posters have red and black in them along with other gorgeous colours and would certainly compliment your room!

I am thinking you are quite a vibrant person by the colours you have, and think a bit more of a different colour would look smart!

http://www.allposters.co.uk

http://www.Art.co.uk

http://www.allposters.com/-st/Fine-Art-Posters_c1013_.htm


What are some calming, cheap bedroom decorating ideas?
Q. I am moving soon, and my room will be somewhat small. I have a queen size bed and I am wanting to do something cheap but sensual to it? any ideas? red is kinda my theme but i dont plan to paint the walls (they are white). any tips??

A. Use throw pillows to decorate your bed...the more pillows the better. Get all shapes and sizes. It creates an illusion that will make you want to fall into the middle of them...as if you were a little kid. Its a very comforting thought, sort of like a big hug. I rather enjoy it. Of course if you are married or living with a significant other then "HE" may not go for that as it will seem too girlie or childish to a guy. But hey if its your room...dazzle yourself. Be creative. Buy a few multicolored light bulbs to put in your lamps. Cover the lamp shades with scarves to emit a softer light. You can have all sorts of fun with that. Good luck.


What color schemes or decorating ideas that include red would be good for a bedroom?
Q. Im trying to get ideas to decorate my bedroom. I have dark red curtains that I am trying to match around and one dark wood and bamboo chest.Its a pretty large room and I only have a twin size bed at the moment. Thats pretty much all that is in the room right now. I want to paint the walls too. I am on a very VERY tight budget, but any ideas, ie colors, themes etc would be helpful. Thanks

A. Go to this site and experiment with some colors to see what works best for you:

http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/

I would try using some camel tans or some very soft mossy sage greens.

Good luck!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment