Tuesday, May 14, 2013

How should I decorate my bedroom?

Q. I'm 14 years old, female.

I like greens, yellows, oranges, and reds.
I have a small budget.
I like mod fabrics, but I'd like something simple.
Have any creative decorating ideas or websites that have great bedding, etc?

A. have you ever thought about chalkboard paint? it comes in green and black then to change or use all the other colors you like you can use colored chalk and draw and color your own designs and change them as often as you like have a slumber party and have your friends help you put designs up just a thought and it wouldn't be expensive either even if the designs changed alot hope you think about this it is a fun and you can be creative too


What are good teen bedroom decorating ideas?
Q. Im a 14 year old girl and Im looking for a little something to spice up my room. I recently got a new bedspread with bright pink, blue, and green. But besides my bed, everything else seems so dull. i could use some girly-ish things on my wall, floor, and/or desk. Im kind of on a budget so nothing to pricey please. Thanks! :)

A. You can create an entire theme for your room with paint, which is one of the easiest ways to decorate!
Perhaps you could try a Picket Fence Stencil and do a "white picket fence" around the room, then using flower stencils and a little creativity, create your own English Garden.


What are some good complementary colors to pink walls? to transform it into a more sophisticated sheek bedroom?
Q. My dad seems to be oblivious to the fact that his girls are fully grown women! so we are now stuck with hot pink walls in the female suite of our family house. I will rather not paint over it (and hurt his feelings :) so I am looking for complementary colors and decorating ideas to mute out this bold color and ground the space. Any suggestions?

A. You can make your room quite modern and glamorous. White furniture or mirrored fronts on your wood pieces would look nice with a crystal chandelier Add some black and white artwork of Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe with a furry rug. Green is the complementary color to red and pink is just a tinted red. Use a soft green with whites for a fresh, vibrant, crisp look or muted soft greens such as celedon or sage for a calmer feel. Grass green is strong and Lime green is vibrant.
I would suggest choosing your bedding first and pull your palette from it. Or, decide on your artwork and build from there. Here is an example of pink incorporated in a Gauguin painting. Black will always ground a room.
http://emptyeasel.com/2007/06/07/the-color-pink-feminine-flirtatious-and-sexual/





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment