Friday, May 17, 2013

What are some ideas of decorating a teen's bedroom?

Q. I'm getting tired of my bedroom that I decorated in first grade and I need ideas on how to redecorate my room when on a low budget. I'm definitely going to paint my walls, and I despise my purple carpet, though I don't have enough money to get it lifted up and then sanding&etc the hardwood below it. Any ideas or examples of bedrooms that I could get ideas from would help...I'm kind of looking for a beachy theme, but I'm not very picky =) Thanks! -Jackie

A. variety of ideas
http://teensthemes.com
http://girlsthemebedrooms.com


Any unique fairy theme bedroom decorating ideas for 2 little girls?
Q. We are remodeling our girls' room and they are wanting a fairy theme. We already have the walls painted white with an allover sponge effect done in pink, so I'd like to mainly stick to that color and perhaps incorporate a bit of purple too. I'm looking for some creative ways to decorate using this theme. I am very crafty, so I would love to hear some DIY ideas although any other "thrifty" ideas are great too, since we are also remodeling our boys' bedroom as well and are on a strict budget. Thank you!

A. If it isn't too expensive, you can paint the crown molding the lavender or purple to add dimension. You can go to the halloween stores online now while the stuff is cheap or to Lillian Vernon and Oriental Trading Company and find the Fairy Wings that come in Costumes and Hang them above their beds or in the corner of the room.

There is this craft I made with my daughter a few years back of these flower fairies: with wooden beads as heads, pipe cleaner as bodies, and silk flowers as dresses. You can probably google it and find it easy enough but they can be hung up with fishing wire. Very cute.

Also think about painting the ceiling with a bunch of fluffy white clouds or hanging a cute chandelier you can get a garage or estate sale.

Oh yeah! I had one of those bed canopies on my daughters bed for years! Totally forgot about that!


What color schemes or decorating ideas that include red would be good for a bedroom?
Q. Im trying to get ideas to decorate my bedroom. I have dark red curtains that I am trying to match around and one dark wood and bamboo chest.Its a pretty large room and I only have a twin size bed at the moment. Thats pretty much all that is in the room right now. I want to paint the walls too. I am on a very VERY tight budget, but any ideas, ie colors, themes etc would be helpful. Thanks

A. Go to this site and experiment with some colors to see what works best for you:

http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/

I would try using some camel tans or some very soft mossy sage greens.

Good luck!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment