Monday, May 27, 2013

Any decorating ideas for a teenage bedroom?

Q. I really wanna decorate my room. It's so boring. I live in an apartment, which sucks because I can't paint it! Does anyone have any ideas on how to decorate it? Plus, I'm on a low-budget!
Also, does anyone know where to get damask wall stickers?

A. You're lucky, I've recently been introduced to a new style of wall designing perfect for tenants who don't own their space/room/apartment. No need to paint or worry about wall stains from glues. The designs are decals pressed up to the walls. Very easy to setup, too!

Visit this website:
http://www.dezignmywall.com/

They've a VERY wide range of designs. From kiddie, to teens, to nature, to grownup, oh, so many!!!

You can visit them on facebook too:
http://www.facebook.com/dezignmywall.shop


Does it look ok to have brown wood blinds with white window casings?
Q. I am currently building a house and love the look of window casings, but I don't want white blinds. The casings will be painted white. I want 3 inch brown wood blinds, but not if it looks funny. The house we are building is based on the arts and crafts style of architecture and has wood exposed beams in the kitchen. Any homedecorator ideas would be great!

A. Absolutely! The #1 rule for decorating - go with what you like!

But if you have a hard time visualizing it (which makes it impossible to determine whether you like it or not!), I'd suggest a few things:

Go Online: The most useful tool I can recommend is BlindCrafter.com's Virtual Decorator (you can find it on the homepage, or directly by visiting: http://www.blindcrafter.com/decorating_tools/iwt.cfm ). This is a terrific tool that allows you to "virtually decorate" a room that is similar to your in nature (bedroom, bath, etc), wall color, molding color, and shade color. So you can design a room with your colors and see what it might look like!

The internet is also a great resource for ideas - Blindcrafter.com and many other sites have tons of room shots that will give you an idea of what works and what doesn't.

Magazines: Thumb through home decorating magazines and find looks you like -- I'll bet you'll find the wood blinds accented by white moldings. It's definitely a look that works.

I hope this helps. And remember, go with your designing instincts- it's what will make your house a home!

Happy Designing!
Kristina


How should I decorate my bedroom?
Q. I am a male teenager.
I wanted to paint it white and stick art canvas on the wall but my Mum doesn't like the idea of all white. I am into art, and music, I also like nature, birds and trees ect. The rooms quite small.
I like the colour black and white when the two colours are together.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

A. A teen room makeover may be accomplished with a new coat of paint, rearranging the furniture and adding some new accessories and lighting.

Painting can have the biggest impact for the least amount of money and sets the tone of your teen’s room design.
Bedding is another very personal choice for your teenager. He might want an animal print bedspread or something in black velvet.Adding accents will give the room more interest and personality. A few fun ideas for accent items include funky chairs, pillows, area rugs and wall art.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment