Saturday, May 25, 2013

How to decorate a bedroom with salmon carpets?

Q. My parents just bought a new house and my bedroom isn't an actual bedroom, it was the previous owner's office. Therefore, there isn't a closet or anything. Its a fairly large room, somewhere upwards of 200 sq feet. However, the carpets are this nasty salmon color and there are also these ugly counters that we can't take out.. I've attached a little collage of pictures of the room. The wall shelves are being taken out, and half of the counters were able to be taken out (the ones on the back wall as well as the one closest to the bottom left corner in the top left photo). Also, before I move in the wall that looks unfinished will be completed..

Things I definitely need in the room:
- 2 wardrobes (already have them, they're a light espresso color)
- bed ( haven't purchased the bed frame yet)
- desk (light wood finish)
-small, 4' high book shelf (light wood finish)
- small flat screen tv (currently have that on my bookshelf, but I'm not sure if that will work with the size of my new room)

I have a black la-z-boy recliner that I MIGHT put in the room, and plan on buying another desk (a vanity style), etc.. I am on a budget as I am 19, and I prefer the look of darker wood finish.. I want the room to be like a small studio apartment, with as many separate areas as possible (studying, sleeping, beauty area, etc) since I have the space to do so.

Any ideas on how to make this room a little less ugly? I was thinking maybe add cabinet doors to the counter, and maybe get some cream colored fabric to cover the counter tops with? I'm open to any idea though (they cannot be painted, and I also cannot paint the walls a color other than white)


http://i48.tinypic.com/rkr1p5.png

A. Wow, what a space !
First you need a ceiling.Add some pot lights and remove those florescent lights.
Remove the shelves and trash them or use them else where.

A larger bed would fit in the space. You can put it next to the window.You can use a woven headboard :http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Abaca-Weave-Headboard/7213500/product.html
The walls can be painted a grey.
Try mostly white and navy blue bedding .http://luxury-linens-4-less.com/436-1366-large/3pc-hotel-framed-navy-blue-and-white-bedding-duvet-cover-set.jpg
http://www.home-decorating-co.com/lacoste-concordia-blue-bedding.html
http://www.home-decorating-co.com/north-home-fantasy-bedding.html
http://www.home-decorating-co.com/echo-african-sun-bedding.html
Put your desk and study area at the end of the room away from your bed.
In the middle you can have a table with your tv and some sift chairs .


How should a single 22 year old man decorate his room?
Q. My roommate just broke up with his girlfriend and he doesn't want that room anymore. So I just got the master bedroom. I have a cherry wood sleigh bed and matching dresser. Besides that, I don't have anything else. Could you help give me ideas on how I could make it an inviting place for guests who might be in it.

A. U'r furniture sounds nice. I'm impressed. So what do u like? What is u'r style? Do u want it 2 represent u when u walk in or 2 impress someone else?

B/c I know guys like guitars/sports/women etc but if u'r trying to b more "classy" than that...

what about stripes? Navy & tan/creme. OR navy on the bttm. part about 1/4 or 1/2 up then a tan or creme. Then do u'r covers etc in accents of navy/maroon & tans.. that would look sharp.

If u like a little contemporary... then paint diamonds in the middle in the maroon OR find a border that is simple design in or close to those colors. Or molding & stain it cherry to match u'r furniture.

U could even lean towards navy & grey/silver grey but the tan would warm it up more.

Put cushions on the floor, pillows on the bed, use frames of u'r friends or a pitcular art that u like. U could do them in black n white print w/ either maroon frames or navy frames. U can p/u lots of this stuff at thrift stores.. garage sales.. Big Lots... Walmart...

Get some lamps & re-paint them.. Fabric glue on the shade w/ fabric or hangin lamps & re-paint them as well.

Be creative! Have fun!


Any decorating ideas for a bedroom?
Q. I am wanting a Greece theme. And I am completly lost, what colors should I use, type of fabrics.....etc

A. Paint your room a satin gold. Paint the trim burgundy. For wall accents, use mirrors with gold frames and a Grecian painting also with gold frame.

Have a burgundy Jacquard bedspread and accent it with gold and burgundy pillows. You might want to add some heavy fringe to the pillows.

Use dark furniture, and as accent pieces, get a beautiful Greek statue in white or grey, and a large ficus plant. Draperies can be long and might be either dark green or gold with burgundy tiebacks.

You might put a curtain rod over the headboard of your bed and hang the same fabric drapes there too with tiebacks. Gold cord would be nice tiebacks.

A bench or trunk at the foot of the bed would be lovely. Cover it with a velvet cushion in either the dark green or the gold. Nightstand lamps might have shades you paint green and glue fringe on.

Good luck and have fun!

Oh yes and carpeting can be a Grecian rug on wood floors or a nice neutral gold carpet with a Grecian accent rug.Try to get a nylon rug.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment