Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ideas and links on my bedroom?

Q. Hey my room has one green wall and the rest are whitish. I kinda like the idea of a nature theme. I live in Australia so i cant use some sites but i would love to see them anyways just so i can get some inspiration. I was thinking white furniture, vases, fake flowers and that kinda stuff. But is there a way to make it more fun and quirky so its not to serious. But i don't want it to be to By the way im 13 but i would like a room that looks a little older.

A. Why not try mydeco.com for Inspiration and ideas for your room. You can find inspiration and ask for ideas if you need ideas in the forum. You can also use their 3D room planning tool. You can use the tool to experiment with different colours, add wallpaper or art to the walls, add furniture to the room and view the room form different angles. I used it when I was decorating my room and it helped me to save a lot of time and money and it was very helpful.

Hope that helps.


designs for a white bedroom..?
Q. ● im 17 nearly 18
● emigrating to australia in a month
● renting accommodation, so no rooms will be allowed to be decorated !!
● bedroom+white walls= no idea how to design it adding my touch of design !!

● ive looked at design websites but mostly of main bedrooms for older people..any ideas or websites with helpful designs.......???

A. White walls can actually be the best for decorating because you can constanly change your schemes without making a commitment to one color.

Buy mostly all neutral items _ as far as big stuff like the couch, curtains, lampshades go.

Get black frames... the larger the frame, the better... the larger matte, the better. Like an 11x17 inch frame with a 4x6 black and white photo in it.

Then pick the color you want to play with for the season.

Go buy whatever color throw pillows, vases, throws, ... everything you accent with! Just make a statement with the black exagerated frames... and accent color you choose!

And when picking accents buy 3 or 4 of one thing to create UNITY and Consistancy in the room. I never just buy 1 green vase... I buy 3 all the same so it doesnt stand alone, and by having more you make more of an impact with the color!!

Red is a good accents color, as is orange, and lime green.

The key is keeping a neutral base so you can change it up when you want!! =)

good luck!


Redoing shared bedroom?
Q. So I'm now living with my dad full time while undergoing treatment at a local hospital, instead of living with my mom a few hours away. They don't really have a set aside bedroom for me, it's kinda an office/game room/closet/bedroom all in one. Anyways, I'm now "taking over" my brothers bedroom (he only visits every other weekend) and its boring. It's a beige-ish color with a few bird pictures on the wall and some fsu banners and such. I'm looking for ways to make it more "me." The only catch is that we don't want to spend too much money to do so (maybe $50) and we can't repaint it, cuz it was just painted like two years ago, and we don't want to do anything major cuz it is still his room. My room at my moms is Aladdin themed (I have ODD-obsessive Disney disorder) XD so I don't really want to do that again. So as I already stated, I LOVE Disney, especially the princesses and all of that. I also like the beach, music, flying, penguins, koala bears, traveling, santorini Greece, Australia, the list goes on and on and on. I'm also a seventeen year old girl, if that helps, and I like light, delicate, airy things, and foreign, ethnic, type things, but not the "normal" teen things in the middle. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

A. Go on Ebay and find some cheap-buys on Disney bed-covers and pillowcases-- if the bed is too big for Twin size-- make your own with solid color bedding and use what is called "no-stick or fusable webbing to turn a panel of Princess fabric (at all fabric stores) into an Iron on and decorate your own !!

Get some Disney posters and cheap poster frames... add lace & sequins along the frame edges for a special , personal touch...

And maybe add some inexpensive plastic white book shelves/organizers you can add ribbons, ruffles and sequins to the edges to "girly" it up!!!

Good luck with your treatment-- and have fun decorating! ;)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment