Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What color should I paint my room?

Q. I'm almost 17 and I want to paint my room but I'm not sure what color I'm thinking eitherbanteal blue or light blue this would be the teal: http://bedroomdesigncatalog.info/light-blue-bedroom-walls/bedroom-decorating-ideas-light-blue-walls/

And this would be the light blue: http://homedecorinterioridea.com/ideas-for-painting-a-bedroom-in-blue.html

I'm sewing bedding that looks like this in white:http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/home-bedding/093707.jsp

If I do the teal I would add pink accents and make it more fun and if I did the light blue it would be more simple and elegant and btw my furniture is dark brown so I'm not sure what one I would rather have!! So what do you like best and do you have any decor idea to go with?

A. Deep blue will look so good with that lovely bedding.No mint green/blue.
This is a relaxing blue that will really make that bedding pop:http://www.allaboutyou.com/cm/allaboutyou/images/ud/or_e64817c112329680607579.jpg
There is a blue/green color that does look nice:http://img4.myhomeideas.com/i/legacy/design/cl/02/03/CL0203072b_1_x.jpg
This one is amazing :https://www.ikeafamilylive.com/en/image/19082011054333/bedroom-blue-feature-wall-95.jpg?w=850&h=650
Have fun decorating.


What are some good Christmas decorating ideas for a teen bedroom?
Q. I am 16, and love to decorate for Christmas, and especially since the family comes over for christmas eve! I know it's a bit early, but I wanted to know some good decorating ideas to make my room look extra special this year. All I have so far is a mini Christmas tree with lights, garland, and ornaments. What else could I do?

A. I would cut out some snowflakes and maybe put glitter on them and hang them from my ceiling mixed with the christmas lights (clear would look best)! Or hang the ornaments from the ceiling with cup hooks. I would also put a small tree in the corner and decorate it to match the colors you are using and maybe wrap a couple of empty boxes to put under it (or if you wanna use a miniature tree if you have a small room, you can decorate some miniature boxes too, so cute)!
If you don't already have or don't wanna spend money on a bedding set, you can buy plain red, green or white sheets. Accent the color of the room opposite of the color of your bedding. You can even cut out red and green felt shapes (stars, stockings, candy canes, trees) and use fabric glue or stitch them to a white pillow case for a sham on your bed or even your sheets! =)


What sort of master bathroom design would go well with a bedroom like this?
Q. The fixtures in the bathroom are white, and it has a rather large window.

The bedroom will be following this color scheme:
http://www.khanapakana.com/userfiles/diya/bedroom_decorating_ideas_teal_feather.jpg

A. I believe in light-filled bathrooms, with any décor items on the walls rather than cluttering up the countertops. That color scheme is great for a bathroom, especially if you mostly use light tones (sky and sand), with darker ones as small accents to match the strong blue and brown from the bedroom. Make your blue very pale, though, and go easy on how large an area you give it, or else the blue reflections will make it difficult to judge your makeup colors accurately.

A two-color scheme for the towels is ideal – brown for him, turquoise for her. I'd suggest white washcloths, because they go through the laundry a lot and can fade early. At our house, for each person we have two large bath towels, two hand towels, and a dozen washcloths, and still the washcloths run out first.

Rather than fussy curtains, you might prefer a Venetian blind or wooden shutters painted white, especially if you'll want an exhaust fan in the window during the summer.

I've been reading that a multi-light bar over the main mirror is going out of style, and wall lamps on either side are the more contemporary look. I'm sorry, but I do like my light bar.

Decorating Den is running a promotion on the Internet where the public can vote for their favorite before-and-after makeover pictures. There are categories, and bathrooms are one. Maybe you'll see an idea you like, although most of them are too elaborate for me.

Their voting site, http://iddvoting.com is open to everyone. Go to "Pick a Category".





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment