Monday, May 20, 2013

How should a single 22 year old man decorate his room?

Q. My roommate just broke up with his girlfriend and he doesn't want that room anymore. So I just got the master bedroom. I have a cherry wood sleigh bed and matching dresser. Besides that, I don't have anything else. Could you help give me ideas on how I could make it an inviting place for guests who might be in it.

A. U'r furniture sounds nice. I'm impressed. So what do u like? What is u'r style? Do u want it 2 represent u when u walk in or 2 impress someone else?

B/c I know guys like guitars/sports/women etc but if u'r trying to b more "classy" than that...

what about stripes? Navy & tan/creme. OR navy on the bttm. part about 1/4 or 1/2 up then a tan or creme. Then do u'r covers etc in accents of navy/maroon & tans.. that would look sharp.

If u like a little contemporary... then paint diamonds in the middle in the maroon OR find a border that is simple design in or close to those colors. Or molding & stain it cherry to match u'r furniture.

U could even lean towards navy & grey/silver grey but the tan would warm it up more.

Put cushions on the floor, pillows on the bed, use frames of u'r friends or a pitcular art that u like. U could do them in black n white print w/ either maroon frames or navy frames. U can p/u lots of this stuff at thrift stores.. garage sales.. Big Lots... Walmart...

Get some lamps & re-paint them.. Fabric glue on the shade w/ fabric or hangin lamps & re-paint them as well.

Be creative! Have fun!


Have any ideas on bedroom themes for a married couple?
Q. We are both 20 yrs old and getting a place together..
i like zebra print, stars and black but i dont want something to girlish.

A. when decorating a bedroom..never decorate with pinks and frills for a guy..make it more manly burgandys and browns...put in manly stuff for a manly man!

Remember to incorporate both your stuff make it even and get his advice and make him help chose..


What is the average electricity bill in san diego? Mine has been $600 without even a dishwasher!?
Q. I am renting a small(1 bedroom) cottage attached to a larger(2,000sf)house. There is a built in pool. We devide the electric by 1/3(total of people in both houses. We are getting electric bills of $565 and even $665! FOR 1 month! I watch tv in the dark at night and the 2 other people are gone all day. Is it possible electricity can be stolen without a line being run from the house? My share of the electric has been as much as $160 and I dont have a washer, dryer or dishwasher..something is SO wrong. It is not the heat part of the bill..it is the electric.
I have another 6 months on this lease but this is crazy.
I am not sure the electric company will talk to me since the bill comes in the lardlords name and he just gives me a copy to pay him. Hope somebody has an idea what it could be..thanks

A. WHOA! I live in a 2500 square foot home with a dishwasher that runs nightly, a washer and dryer that do 3 loads or so a week, computers (2) and TVs on almost all day, landscaping lights at night and a re-circulating pump 6 man Hot Springs Spa we use almost daily. My highest electric bill this year was at Christmas when I decorate my home like DisneyLand and that was $250 for the month.

Call SDGE and ask for an energy audit. Are you actually seeing the bill? I'm in north county, our bills include natural gas and electric. If you have the actual bill, with the account number on it, go on-line and take the energy audit first. Then with the account number, call SDGE and ask for them to come out and check the meter. Find out WHAT is sucking that kind of kilowatt usage! Is there a heater in the pool that you could turn off? They came out to our house a couple of years ago to do the on-site energy audit and discovered some ways we could reduce our usage and save money, but we have NEVER paid bills even close to what you're seeing in the 9 years we've lived here! It is possible though that something that you don't know about is sucking electricity and you need to find out what that is!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment