Sunday, August 11, 2013

How old were the brady bunch kids?

bedroom designs for college girls
 on Bedroom Ideas For Girl, teenage girl bedroom ideas, girl bedroom ideas ...
bedroom designs for college girls image



Chrissy


How old were the characters of the brady bunch kids?


Answer
In 1974 during the show's final season, the producers decided to add a younger character, Cousin Oliver (Robbie Rist), since the Brady children were now all 12 or older (Barry Williams was 19 during the show's final season) and a lot of the fifth season was aimed towards Greg going to college. In the episode in which Oliver was introduced ("Welcome Aboard"), Carol explains that her brother—Jack Tyler, Oliver's father—took a four-month engineering assignment in a South American jungle where there would be no schools. He was taking his wife, Pauline, with him and Oliver couldn't go.

HOPE THIS HELPS


Origins
In 1965, following the success of his TV series Gilligan's Island, Sherwood Schwartz conceived the idea for The Brady Bunch after reading an article in the Los Angeles Times that said "40% of marriages [in the United States] had a child or children from [a] previous marriage." He instantly set to work on a pilot script, called Yours and Mine, and passed it around the "big three" television networks of the era. ABC, CBS and NBC all loved the script, but each network wanted changes to it before they would commit to filming it. Schwartz felt that his script was perfect, and although he had the interest of all three networks in America, he decided to shelve it.[1]

Despite the similarities between the series and the 1968 theatrical release Yours, Mine and Ours starring Henry Fonda and Lucille Ball, the original script for The Brady Bunch pre-dated the script for the film. However, the success of the film was likely a factor in ABC's eventually ordering the series.


[edit] Plot
Mike Brady (Robert Reed), a widowed architect with sons Greg (Barry Williams), Peter (Christopher Knight) and Bobby (Mike Lookinland), married Carol Martin (née Tyler) (Florence Henderson), whose daughters were Marcia (Maureen McCormick), Jan (Eve Plumb) and Cindy (Susan Olsen). The daughters took the Brady surname. Schwartz wanted Carol to have been a divorcée. The network objected to this, but a compromise was reached whereby no mention was made of the circumstances in which Carol's first marriage ended, but many assume she was widowed. The newly-formed juvenile sextet, parents Carol and Mike, Mike's live-in housekeeper Alice (Ann B. Davis), and the boys' dog Tiger settled into a large, suburban home designed by Mike.

Often erroneously cited as the first series to show a "blended" family (two series which debuted in the 1950s, Make Room For Daddy and Bonanza, had step-siblings and half-siblings respectively), it came at a time when divorce and remarriage in America was seeing a surge. Episodes in the first season chronicled the family learning to adjust to its new circumstances and become a unit, as well as typical childhood problems such as dating, rivalries and family squabbles and the fact that their house had two bedrooms for six children.

Subtle references to larger social problems found their way into the dialogue from time to time. In one social-issue episode, season two's "The Liberation of Marcia Brady," Marcia explores the oppression of the Brady women and sets out to prove a girl can do anything a boy can. The boys find this very upsetting and Peter finds himself joining the Sunflower Girls, Marcia's club, in hopes of making her back down from her 'bad idea'.

Mike did much of his architectural work in an office/design studio within the house, an apparent way of lending some realism to the way in which sitcom dads seem to be almost always at home while nonetheless earning a good living. In the episodes where he was shown in his away-from-home office, he often came home from work about the same time the children got home from school.

The theme song penned by Schwartz quickly communicated to audiences that the Bradys were a blended family, though the situation largely was deemphasized from the second season on with a few exceptions. Two episodes from the third season, "Not So Rose Colored Glasses" and "Jan's Aunt Jenny", mention that Mike and Carol had been married for three years. In "Kelly's Kids," reference was made to the Bradys' adoptions ("Either way, you adopted three boys and you adopted three girls, right?") when their neighbors, the Kellys, adopted three boys of different races.


[edit] Original run and subsequent success
Further information: List of The Brady Bunch episodes
In 1971, due to the success of the Brady's ABC Friday night companion show The Partridge Family (about a musical family), some episodes began to feature the Brady Kids as a singing group. Though only a handful of shows actually featured them singing and performing ("Dough-Re-Mi" in the third season, "Amateur Nite" in the fourth and "Adios, Johnny Bravo" in the fifth), the Brady Bunch began to release albums. Though they never charted as high as the Partridges, the cast began touring the United States during the summer hiatus from the show, headlining as The Kids from the Brady Bunch. Although only Barry Williams a

Decorating distress, Beginning home maker sending out an S.O.S.?




sharks bla


Okay, so it is not an emergency, sorry if the head line was too dramatic, I just did not know how to word it and be short, sweet, and to the point. I am in a sort of confused state of mind right now and I am looking for advice or any helpful suggestions.

First let me set the stage on what is going on...

I am almost 25, and just finished college. I have a good paying job and have made arrangements to move out of my parents' home, where I stayed, saving money while attending school and work. I move into my new place in a little over a month from now. This is not the first time I am moving out, I leased an apartment with my sister for a year when I turned 18. I will be moving out on my own this time and am in the middle of planning and making lists of items I need to buy for my new place. It is in this stage that I have found my problem.

All my life, I have slept in the smallest bedroom of the house. The room I have had since 1997 is 9 feet by 9 feet. The room in the apartment I shared with my sister was 8 feet by 8 feet. I own a twin bed, book shelf, desk, night stand, and a head board. All items were hand-me-downs. There is no real theme/style to my room. I like various things and have tidbits of those interest scattered around the room with no real order. It has been described by friends as a mixture of a little girl's, teenage boy's, and granny's room.

While making shopping lists and plans, I realized I have no idea how to decorate a home. I am moving from a 81 square foot room, with few furnishings and even fewer decor possibilities, into a 1500 square foot town house with no real sense of decor. I understand that decorating a home is a life long process that never stops and is not gained overnight, but I would at least would like an idea of what style I would like and dislike.

I know I could always ask my mother for help decorating, as she redecorates a room in the house once a month and it comes out looking magazine worthy, but I would like to do this one my own, with out her controlling were everything goes and how it looks, it is something I need to learn for myself.

How does one find out what styles to decorate with? Where do you find your inspiration and creativity? Is there a way to have it look stylish with out losing functionality? Any ideas, tips or suggestions that can help me? Any websites that can help as well? Anything else you think would be helpful in my situation?

Thank you for your time reading this, I know it was long, and I really appreciate it.
The place I am moving into has 2 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, den, kitchen, front and back patio section, and a garage. The rooms are big and spacious, the master bedroom alone is 15 feet by 14 feet, two and a half times my old room.

I have also looked on pinterest for decorating ideas but I will usually only like one or two things in a picture and none of them go together, or even be considered the same style.
There is also another thing that concerns me, what if once I buy everything and set it up, I hate it? I noticed that I change my mind and switch comforters out almost monthly. I have a purple/white cheetah/stripe print, a blue/gold sun/moon print, solid grey/black print, solid white down comforter, grey/multi color polka dot print, and a quit with rich colors and a black border. Most of my comforters are reversible and I take advantage of that and change it up a lot. I also have sheets in multiple fabrics and shades/prints.



Answer
Hi - You learn so many things through the years in school, but you seldom get education on decorating styles for the home. This short guide from About.com will steer you to quizzes and resources to help you determine your specific favorite decorating style.

Connect to the links here and answer some simple questions. Before you know it, you'll get information on your decorating style, based on your answers. What could be easier? Use these sources as a guide to creating the interior that reflects your personality.

http://interiordec.about.com/od/decorateforbegin/a/a_whatisstyle.htm

What’s your interior design style? It can be hard to define. If you’re either country casual or city sleek, the difference is extreme and you’re easier to describe. But what about if you are transitional? And what does that even mean? Your interior design style is a hard thing to define, but having an understanding of your likes and dislikes, and knowing how to describe them, is step one to a successful new design plan. The following is a highly unscientific quiz that helps break down the major style elements in a design plan:

http://www.divinecaroline.com/life-etc/home-food/what%E2%80%99s-your-interior-design-style

Hope this helps :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment