Sunday, August 11, 2013

Toddler bedroom decor...?

bedroom decor for toddler girls
 on Toddler Girl Bedroom Decorating Ideas | Kitchen Layout & Decor Ideas
bedroom decor for toddler girls image



Nanabanana


My daughter just moved to a "big girl" bed and so I went out and bought her a new bedspread and all white furniture. The comforter is bright pink, lime green, purple, orange and teal. I am trying to decide what color to paint the walls. I was thinking of doing a lighter green (like lime but lighter) and then doing a bright pink stripe around the room, or else painting the room a light teal with a purple stripe...does that sounds too "grown up" for a 2 year old? I want it to be a room she can grow into but I don't want the colors/design to be too much for her. What do you think? Any other cute decorating ideas? I hate just one color walls so I'm trying to use two colors to decorate...Thanks!


Answer
I think a soft lime green with a medium pink strip would be adorable! I don't think it would be too grown-up. It should serve her well into preteens, at least! Another idea for longevity in a kid's bedroom: paint the walls a solid color and then decorate them with the peel and stick "Wallies" or other precut images that can be adhered to the wall temporarily. You could put some flowers or butterflies on the wall now, and then when she gets older and wants something different, you could put polka dots or something geometric like that. Good luck!

Toddler Girls Bedroom?




tara lynn


Okay need some ideas here. Working with a 13 months old's room baby girl, don't want to do it in any characters. Want it to be somewhat modern, working with a medium blue rug (kind of light, not baby blue though) What colors and decor should I do, pictures and ideas would be great. Her walls are white and cannot be painted. Thanks so much. Her name is Jade.

I also would like some ideas for my room, I have the same color room and rug, no painting allowed, and a dark brown wood bed frame. Share with my boyfriend, I need comforter ideas and oragnizing ideas for my room, my clothes are EVERYWHERE!! i also have a lot of hair/beauty products, I cant keep it all together. Help me please.



Answer
How about blues and brown. Hot colors right now. The blue is a medium. Do you have a Bed Bath & Beyond Store near you? They have rooms set up with color schemes. Great place to get ideas. Stick with neuturals for backgrounds in both rooms. Add color with accents, easier to change later.

Find crib bedding with your colors and add natural elements (shades, throw rug) and accents in the blues and browns (pillows, colors in the photos, chair cushion, throw for the bed). Photo frames all one color, say black with the same color mattings, say white. Go to the craft store - find wood letters J_A_D_E, and paint them black to match the frames on the wall, stand them on a black shelf or hang above the frame. If you want a splash of color add bean bag chair or wood rocker in a bright accent color with chair cushion in your blues and browns. You will be pleased.

Also, sites to check out for more inspiration:
bhg.com, choose rooms from size, color, style, you name it.
hgtv.com, many decorating shows with numerous ideas.
homemadesimple.com, do-it-yourselft, crafts, for you.

These are all great sites and FREE for your use.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment