Monday, August 12, 2013

How can I train my puppy to sleep in her own bed?

beautiful bedding ideas
 on beautiful bedroom decor beautiful bedroom decor beautiful bedroom ...
beautiful bedding ideas image
Q. I have a little yorkie poo she is a little over a year and every since she was born she has slept with me. In the store the other day i saw a beautiful pink bed and i had to get it, but she wont sleep in it. PLEASE help me!


Answer
You've got to work on two things:

1. Go To Place (or also called "settle")

2. Teaching her she's not allowed on your bed without an invitation.

Personally, I'd start with Go To Place. Trainers call this by a lot of names: Go To Place, Settle, Bed, etc. I use Bed.

Luring is very effective here. Get a food reward, let her sniff it, then drag your arm across the dogbed til she's on it. Reward!

Once she's got that down, keep luring her onto the bed, but only reward when she lays down on the bed.

Then you can put the name to it, as the Bed command really is "get on your bed and lay down there".

If she tries to get up, tell her to stay and reward super duper for the stay.

She'll put it together. ;)

Once she's got the idea of using her bed during regular training (you aren't messing with the bedtime routine yet), work on getting her off yours. You correct her for coming up on your bed without a command, reward for getting off your bed when told.

When you're getting ready to go to sleep at night, you can give her the Bed command and she'll go to her own bed.

This isn't going to happen overnight, as she has a habit of treating your bed like her own. But you will get there if you practice a lot! That's how I got my dog off my bed an into her own, too.

PLEASE HELP!! I am looking for an adapter to convert my bed rails from hook to bolt on.?




Tina B


All of the web sites have adaptors to convert to hook on. I bought a beautiful bed and can't even put it together. Any suggestions?


Answer
Maybe, its such a simple fix, that nobody needs an "adapter" maybe just a lag bolt and big washers. Or drill holes in the rails, and run a bolt,(or screw) with a washer, through the hole
I'm assuming metal, "rails" and, wood, "the rest of it". Or take it back and tell them, it came with the wrong parts, maybe they'll have an idea




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment