Monday, August 12, 2013

How can I use this to decorate my house?

beautiful bedroom ideas decorating
 on beautiful bedroom decor beautiful bedroom decor beautiful bedroom ...
beautiful bedroom ideas decorating image



Chic Joy


I found the most beautiful apothecary jar at a garage sale and want to use it as decor in my cottage style house. It is about a 2 gallon size and I thought of a terrarium but I DO NOT have a green thumb so that is out. I would love some suggestions as to how to use it. Bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, give me some ideas. Thanks!


Answer
If you are near a Crate and Barrel store they are doing beautiful terrariums with fake plants - so if you like that look go with the silk looking plants and no worries about not being a green thumb.
I see it more as a bathroom or kitchen accessory.
Bathroom on the corner of the counter - if you have the space - on the floor on top of small table, maybe silk wreath wrapped around the base. Or fill it partially with sea glass, or small soaps, or seashells?
Kitchen again on the counter or if you have the room on a high shelf to show it off - consider filling with something interesting - although it is not necessary, the jar is probably beautiful enough.

I have a dark cherry wood sleigh bed with matching furniture and want a dark room to sleep in..decorating tips




Liesel


Decorating tips anyone? Like what color should I paint my bedroom to keep it dark enough to have a cave like atmosphere when I sleep...ideas at all?


Answer
First thing I would purchase would be room darkening shades for your windows. I purchased mine through JC Penney, but there may be other retailers who also carry them. Cherry wood furniture is very rich and beautiful. Therefore, you should use a paint color on your walls with the same richness that your furniture has. I would recommend a few colors from Sherwin William's. Option one: A brown color called "Colonial Revival Stone #2827". Second option: A medium muted shade of green called "Sage Green Light #2851". That was my favorite until I went into the blue section and found a color for option three: " Bunglehouse Blue #0048". This is a muted darker blue that really makes the cherry wood "pop". I tried to find a shade of gold, since gold is intense and rich also, but didn't like how any of the choices looked next to the cherry furniture. You can check out my choices for your bedroom color at the following site. I chose the bedroom with the cherry furniture to get the best comparison to your room. Good luck!!!
http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment